Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THANKFUL


The irony is...
When I used to have more, 
I was afraid I would never have enough.

Now that I have less,
I am thankful for the amazing blessings I have.

Funny how life works that way.
I am reminded that one of the greatest blessings in life
is that with pain
we learn to appreciate joy.
With loss,
we learn to love what is here.
With mistakes,
we learn the blessing of second chances.

When we feel most alone,
we learn to trust our Spirit.

I used to look at the world with great sadness for the
turmoil, hate and greed
that seems as if it is everywhere.
It never made sense to me that a loving God 
would allow cancer, death, financial hardship,
genocide...
But now I see that without the tragedies
of our world,
we wouldn't appreciate the beauty.
Without sadness and grief, we wouldn't appreciate
happiness and love.

As we gather with our families this week,
undoubtedly there will be resentments,
annoyances, hurt feelings and
old roles that we play.
But, remember,
because of that, we will appreciate more, the
laughter, the hugs, the heart-to-hearts
and the sweetness of being together
as family.

Happy Thanksgiving all...be grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment