Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spare Me The Drama

Sooo...I am not even sure how to start this or what to write. How's that for a good blog post!!
Maybe it is because I have a 13 year old daughter
that the whole subject of girls and drama keeps coming up
I was explaining to my daughter (much to her annoyance)
about girls and drama and she could not have been less interested
which I totally get
Surely, if my own mother had tried to spew her years of wisdom all over me at that age 
I would have done the same thing.
But I  kept thinking about the conversation
and how I am fascinated that as women
we still have the ability to create middle school drama
even at our ages, with all that we have learned.
(Trust me, I am so not sitting on a high horse here...I am as guilty as the rest of us)
I have been on quite a spiritual journey over the past three years...
That kind of happens when your life as you know it completely turns on its ear and 
everything you thought you knew, could count on, and all of your security
is suddenly gone.
I am 180 degrees from where I was then, and I wouldn't go back for anything...
yet, I can still sling some drama around when I want to.
And I don't even LIKE drama!
WHY do we DO it?
I AM 44, but I can only take this hormone thing for so many rides around the block before the wheels come off
and I am not allowed  drive it anymore.
So what is it besides that that turns us wonderful, accomplished, spiritual,
self-adjusted women into
snarky middle schoolers at the drop of a catty remark?
I hear it all the time...women my age
taking offense, being "disturbed", jumping to conclusions...and on and on and on and on....
Maybe we all need to chill ( no really)
and think about this a minute
Wouldn't it be a much happier place to live in a drama-free world?
Because,really, we create it ourselves. 
It never really is about the other person...its about US
where we feel we are lacking, where we are afraid we are weak, 
how we fear being discovered...
You get that, right?
It's about US
And when other women, girls...cripes, even husbands, are dramatic,
It's about THEM.
THEM, not YOU
IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU
If I had been armed with that knowledge in middle school...
Heck, if I had figured that out a year ago it would have been nice.
Stop taking everything so personally girls...


This play has dragged on long enough
and I am ready to tear down the set and
move on to the cast party...








No comments:

Post a Comment